Sunday, April 20, 2008

Heart of Stone

This song by Preston Lovingood pretty much sums up how i feel right now, so i'll just put it down here:

"Kid"

When the throne of grace seems so far away,
when all I see is yesterday,
when I've forgotten how to pray,
create in me a song of faith.

When my cold heart is turned to stone,
and fear and doubt are all I know,
when all my scars become un-sewn,
my body aches for you alone.

Here's my heart Lord; I don't want it.
Here's my heart Lord; can you use it?
By your blood there's healing now.
By your blood there's no guilt now.
There's no guilt now.

When I am haunted by the future,
And I have no place to go,
When all my friends have cursed my name,
Come be this orphan's home.

Here's my heart Lord I don't want it,
Here's my life Lord can you use it?
By your blood there's healing now.
By your blood there's no guilt now.
There's no guilt now.

I know you are my Father,
You've called me a kid.
Fought and laughed with you for hours,
you are my closest friend.

I want to see you as a lover,
feel your heart beat once again
lay down with you in flowers
come and burn me with a kiss.

1 comment:

scbphotography said...

i think we're on the same page, ben. check your e-mail. hope you're finding jesus sweet this evening.